Invisalign for Bite Alignment – Naples, FL
Realigning Your Bite
for Improved Oral Health
A poorly aligned bite can create a host of problems if left untreated. From chronic jaw pain to the wearing down of your teeth, it is strongly recommended that you seek treatment early on instead of waiting to see if it will “fix itself.” At Island Coast Dentistry, Dr. Skupny and his team can use Invisalign for bite alignemnt in Naples, FL to not only fix your bite problem but also provide a solution that doesn’t compromise your daily appearance. Whether you are a working professional or someone who would prefer a less noticeable solution, let us help create a healthier, more beautiful smile today. Contact our dental office to schedule a consultation.
Why Choose Island Coast Dentistry for Invisalign for Bite Alignment?
- Skip the Metal Mouth
- Straighten Teeth in Less Time Overall
- Keep Your Current Diet and Oral Care Routine
Why Should I Fix My Bite?
To understand why Invisalign in Naples is the right solution for your orthodontic problem, you must first understand why you should fix it in the first place. A misaligned bite can result in:
- Speech difficulties
- Social anxiety and low self-esteem
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMD)
- Excessive wear and tear on your teeth
No matter if you experience increased anxiety when faced with a social gathering or big work presentation, or your jaw pain has become so severe that it is now debilitating, Invisalign clear aligners can give you the relief you need emotionally and physically so that you can live a healthier, more fulfilling life.
How Can Invisalign Correct My Bite?
Known as an extremely versatile treatment option in the field of orthodontics, Invisalign can fix all types of bite problems, including overbites, underbites, crossbites, open bites, and even dental midlines.
Unsure which type of bite you have? Here’s a quick breakdown of each type:
- Overbite: This is when the upper teeth protrude out over your bottom teeth.
- Underbite: This occurs when your bottom teeth stick out further than your top teeth.
- Crossbite: When your teeth cross over each other and essentially overlap, this is known as a crossbite.
- Open Bite: If you have teeth that do not come together when your mouth is closed, you have an open bite, which can be caused by overuse of a pacifier as a child or thumb-sucking.
- Dental Midlines: If you are experiencing problems toward the back of your mouth, your dental midlines need to be addressed. Otherwise, you could face issues with TMJ/TMD.
Is Invisalign Right for Me?
While you might think “Invisalign is definitely the direction I want to go for treatment,” it will ultimately be up to your cosmetic dentist in Naples. After Dr. Skupny evaluates your smile and determines if you are eligible for treatment, you can begin the process of being fitted with Invisalign clear aligners.
What you will need to understand and commit to is wearing your aligners for 20-22 hours each day as well as maintaining regular dental appointments to allow Dr. Skupny to check on your progress. Remaining committed to the process is crucial to prevent delays in treatment. Since Invisalign typically delivers results much faster than traditional braces, you will need to make sure you are following the guidelines and advice of our team to achieve the smile you want and deserve.