October 11, 2019
If you’re ready to invest in a straight smile, you need a more sophisticated solution than metal braces. You can skip brackets and wires to enjoy the clear choice in orthodontics with Invisalign in Naples. The clear removable aligners provide a discreet and convenient solution for busy adults like yourself. Don’t worry, there won’t be many interruptions to your lifestyle while on your journey to a straight smile.
Living with Invisalign
It’s best to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours per day, switching to the next one in the series after about 1 week. Although everyone’s treatment plan differs, most patients are finished with their series after about 12 months.
During this time, you can live your life as you normally do. In fact, you can still:
- Enjoy your favorite foods but remove the aligners when eating or drinking anything except water.
- Play your favorite sports but take the aligners out to wear your athletic mouthguard.
- Brush and floss your teeth normally without needing to worry about cleaning around brackets and wires.
- Feel confident when speaking and smiling because people may not even notice you’re wearing the aligners.
- Spend less time in the dental chair because you don’t need appointments for adjustments.
Moving Your Teeth into Position
Each aligner in your series places consistent pressure on your teeth to gradually reposition them. It may take some time to get used to the pressure, but within a few days any discomfort will subside. When getting your new aligners, you’ll need to:
- Wear them for at least 22 hours per day. Only take them out when brushing, flossing, eating, or drinking.
- Switch to a new aligner in the series every 1 to 2 weeks depending on your treatment plan.
- Have a checkup every 6 to 8 weeks, so your cosmetic dentist in Naples can monitor the movement of your teeth.
Maintaining Your Oral Hygiene
It’s important to maintain your oral hygiene throughout your treatment to prevent harmful food particles and bacteria from becoming trapped between the aligners and your teeth. This not only keeps your teeth and gums healthy, but it also reduces the risk of odors and prevents your aligners from losing their translucent appearance. When maintaining your oral hygiene and your aligners, it’s best to:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Floss every night.
- Rinse your aligners with water before placing them back into your mouth.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and clear antibacterial soap to clean your aligners daily.
- Use the Invisalign cleaning system to keep your aligners translucent.
Invest in a Straight Smile
If you’re ready to transform your smile, Invisalign may be the solution for you. You can get the smile you’ve always wanted without the hassle of brackets and wires.
About Dr. Jeffrey Skupny
Dr. Skupny earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine in 2007, and he has also completed extensive continuing education courses to provide many areas of specialty care, like Invisalign. You’ll enjoy the latest innovations in dentistry to invest in a confident smile. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.